Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writing for WesternWhitetail.com

I am changing the direction of this blog, or rather diversifying my venues. I have joined the guys at Western Whitetail to write a column on glassing and optics. Glassing has played an important part in virtually all of my hunting successes, and while it plays a well-known role in Coues deer hunting, the addition of these tactics to any western hunt produces results.

While I have been a big fan of Coues whitetail hunting for quite a while, the same methods that work well for us in the southwest work well for everyone that is serious about deer hunting. Since this outfit is focused specifically upon whitetail hunting, the articles and posts written there will cater more toward that specific genre. On their sight there are specific categories for Columbian whitetail, Coues whitetail, Carmen Mountain whitetail, and Texas whitetail– they have taken our most readily available game animal and placed the first real emphasis on hunting them in the West.

In the performance hunter blog, my emphasis will remain on general hunting technique improvement, gear selection, or anything that I find to help produce results for hunters in the field.

Westernwhitetail.com should prove to be a resource, particularly for those who haven’t yet learned the ropes in dealing with public land hunting, rules and regulations for access to US Forest Service, or Bureau of Land Management versus private ground like our Texas hunting brethren are accustomed to. The situations in each state are different and this resource for hunting the West - specifically for whitetail deer should prove to be an asset.

While some of my content may go to each location, I will do a better job of keeping this blog up to date with new equipment and effective use in the field, and I will keep you updated with the specific application of gear toward hunting the West for whitetails at http://www.westernwhitetail.com.

No comments: